Thursday, November 24, 2011

Plan your day and week

Baddesleyclintonchurch
Image by Scays via Flickr
I used to work with many reps who took each day as it came, phone calls came in and appointments were made, there was no real plan, I could not work this way, I needed to plan, have a strategy about just where I wanted to be, by looking at reports of jobs and potential clients, who the big specifiers are, who has work on and at the right stage of specification.

Waiting for cals to come in and planning a week like that is a real waste of time,

But saying that, calls do come in and you have to react, can it wait, or do you strike, well I also planned for that eventuality, and kept at least one day free for such events, but for the remainder of the week, I alway planned well in advance, I told my secretary this and gave her access to my diary, well in those days she kept my paper diary, so I was constantly on the phone to her to checking and planning.

The message here is simple, don't let fate rule your life plan and prepare, but leave just a little room for the unexpected.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment